Saturday 16 June 2012

Ponytail Rollerset with Original Moxie

I scheduled this post to go up yesterday when I was out but somehow the schedule button was still up when I got home *side eye*. For those of you who saw my Ponytail Rollerset & Wrap Post on my main blog page, forgive me for not stating the obvious and saying that I achieved the entire process using my trusty hooded dryer! Talk about major info dismissal! Anyway, now that I've sorted that mishap, back to the products that made it all happen!

So my wash day experience consisted of an overnight pre-poo with Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer Extreme, followed by a wash using the Original Moxie Get Clean No-foam Shampoo and DC using the Kerastase Nutri-Thermique Masque. I've yet to give a review on the No-foam Shampoo so here are my thoughts...

Original Moxie Get Clean No-foam Shampoo| I've used this non-foaming shampoo on more than 4 occasions now and I still don't know where I stand! Thing is I've been on the search for a staple shampoo for some months now because my previous staple is very stripping and only suits up as a clarifying shampoo. I can't quite get my head around the fact that the OM Get Clean Shampoo does not sud up! I'm there in the shower squirting the entire bottle out just to see if the more I use the more likely I am to get some foam out of it!

Perhaps it's just a psychological thing who knows! But at the same time I love the fact that my hair doesn't feel stripped after using it! So what's my conclusion? If we're talking price and whether or not I can afford [£11.50] to buy this product considering my extra squeezing traits, I'll say yes! Despite how much I have used there is still a lot of shampoo left, so until another shampoo suits up, the Get Clean will remain a keeper!

As for the Straight Up Sleek Control & Shape Shifter...

Original Moxie Straight Up Sleek Control | A little bit of this goes a LONG way and the shine it gives is immense. I caressed each section of hair with a dab of the Olive Oil Squalene based product before rolling it and securing it with the roller cover. I trust even this small tub that I have will last an extremely long time, and will also be using it alongside my other favourite sealing oils.

Original Moxie Shape Shifter Re-forming Creme | The idea behind this product is very unique and serves in many different ways. Founder of Original Moxie Rachel Blistein recommended that this be used before blow drying in order to achieve a very soft blowout. As my hair did undergo heat used from the hooded dryer, I decided now would be the best time to use it. It definitely helped smooth out each section of hair before I commenced to roll. I plan on re-purchasing a big bottle in the near future- but once again a little goes a long way so it may take a few months before I do! 
Can you tell which product is which? Bottom: Shape Shifter, Top: Straight Up Sleek Control
Freestyled rollers, no comb! All done and ready to go under the dryer...
Multi-tasking #Upping my bride price with this pic wouldn't you agree?!
Check the gloss folks... did I hear Sleek Control?
This technique helps create smoother results on my 7 months post head of hair!  Spot the kink anyone?
Quick length check... I believe it has grown since my big cut in November


Avec amour...
Fiona


Facebook ❥ Youtube ❥ Twitter ❥ Tumblr ❥ Pinterest